THE BATTLE THAT CHANGED THE ATLANTA CAMPAIGN
Battle of Brown's Mill,
Newnan, a Hospital Town
Come celebrate with us on October 10, 11, 12, 2014
You are invited to the first reenactment since the completion of the new Brown's Mill Battlefield Historic Site. While here, visit the recreation of the hospitals that were located in downtown Newnan. Then relive the battle that changed the course of the Atlanta Campaign, the Battle of Brown's Mill. Be sure to walk the trails at the original battlefield site, read the interpretive markers, sit on a bench and enjoy the sounds of quiet.
Activities for October
REENACTMENT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Saturday & Sunday, October 11th & 12th
- See the skirmish at the Depot that began the historic event.
- See the replica of the hospital shed
- Experience period medical demonstrations
- Hear the first-person presentations in the Historic Court Room
- Visit the Historic Depot where the skirmish took place.
Coweta County FAIRGROUNDS
- Ladies Tea with Guest Speaker-participants dressed in period dress only.
- Period dance in the barn Saturday night-for the reenactors & civilians in period dress.
- Shop on "sutler row" for period wares
- Visit the food and beverage vendors-both modern and period
- See the reenactment of the Battle of Brown's Mill
- Attend the Period church service
- Listen to the experts giving demonstrations on history.
THE ORIGINAL BATTLEFIELD
- Tactical on the historic battlefield (not open to the public) Friday night-TIME TBA
- Descendants' Reunion on the original battlefield.
- Opportunities to visit the original battlefield.
Rain or Shine
The battles may be delayed while lightning is in the area, but they will begin as soon as possible
We hope for no rain.
Tractors will be on-site for stranded motorists or reenactors with horse trailors.
Brown's Mill Battlefield Preservation
A portion of the event proceeds will go towards the preservation of more of the Brown's Mill Battlefield land. If you would like to become even more involved in the preservation efforts, you can contact the Brown's Mill Battlefield Association, a grassroots, non-profit organization dedicated to the task of preserving the Brown's Mill Battlefield.
To find out how you can help, please visit the website at Friends of Browns Mill Battlefield